Origin- Japan Fair Trade Certified- No Matcha tea is a deeply alluring beverage containing rich historic roots within Japanese tea drinking ceremonies. Matcha, which literally means "finely powdered tea," is made from young green tea leaves and is strictly harvested from certified organic plantations. With a bold color and mildly sweet flavor, we are sure that most will find this tea to be purely delectable. Contains caffeine.
Sipped for centuries in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony, ceremonial grade matcha is the highest quality green tea powder available. It is made from the youngest shade grown tea leaves, with the stems and veins entirely removed. The leaves are stone-ground, which makes the matcha suitable for a thick-style tea. It is the perfect choice to use in the Japanese tea ceremony.
This premium grade matcha is vibrant green in color with a smooth, refreshing, slightly sweet and mildly rich flavor, with a silky texture. It makes a delicious tea!
Traditional instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 4 oz tea.
- Warm the matcha bowl by adding hot water. After a minute, discard water and dry bowl thoroughly.
- Rinse bamboo whisk to keep tea powder from sticking.
- Using a traditional bamboo spoon, add 1.5-1.75 spoonfuls of powder (1 regular tsp) per 4 oz serving
- Add approximately 4 oz of hot water (175-180 deg F). Do not use boiling water.
- Mix briskly with bamboo whisk until all lumps are removed and tea is smooth and creamy with a fine foam on top. Drink and enjoy!
Contemporary instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 6 oz tea. Use 1 tsp. of matcha per 6 oz of water.
- Pour hot water (175-180 deg. F) over tea. Do not use boiling water.
- Steep 2-4 minutes.
- Strain and serve immediately.