THIS DECK FOLLOWS THE STRUCTURE OF THE STANDARD SEVENTY-EIGHT-CARD TAROT DECK:
The Major Arcana consists of twenty-two cards representing the suit of Spirit.
The Minor Arcana comprises fifty-six cards divided into four suits numbering from Aces to Curanderas (Kings).
The Suits have been changed to the four elements needed to create life:
Swords become Air
Wands become Fire
Cups become Water
Pentacles become Earth
THE NUMBERS REPRESENT HOW THE PLANTS CONTRIBUTE TO AN ECOSYSTEM:
1. Dooryard herbs, weeds.
2. Plants that attract pollinators or feed animal friends.
3. Plants that are easy to grow.
4. Plants uses for borders and hedges.
5. Plants listed as endangered by United Plant Savers.
6. Abundantly producing plants.
7. Ancient trees.
8. Root medicine plants.
9. Fruit trees.
10. Cover crops and composting plants.
THE SIXTEEN PEOPLE CARDS REPRESENT THE LEGACY OF HEALERS THROUGHOUT HISTORY:
- Pages become Hijas (daughters)
- Knights become Adelitas (warriors)
- Queens become Madres (mothers)
- Kings become Curanderas (healers)
ONLY THE HANDS OF THE HERBCRAFTER ARE FEATURED TO BETTER HIGHLIGHT THE PLANT AS WELL AS CELEBRATE THE SLOW INTENTIONAL RITUAL OF HANDCRAFTING.